- Expressions of Interest will close on: 27 August 2022 at 5PM FIJI Time [GMT+12]
- Location of role: Honiara, Solomon Islands
- Term: 3 years fixed term
- Salary: D2
- Reporting to: AHP Project Manager
- Job Description is available for download HERE
- Please contact Recruitment Coordinator Morris Metuo for any questions: [email protected]
All applications must be lodged online only via this BambooHR platform
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
To provide communications support with the Humanitarian/ AHP Project with a focus on the following key areas – media, social media, content gathering, development and distribution.
- To profile Oxfam’s humanitarian response work in the country of location, in national, regional, and global media and in wider communications to support Oxfam’s public engagement including fundraising and campaign goals.
- To work with regional and affiliate media and communications staff (where these are in place, or with Humanitarian Coordinators, Project Manager and Humanitarian Lead if necessary) to deliver high-quality compelling story-gathering materials for national, regional and global media markets, and wider social media and communications needs.
- To provide strategic media, communications, and social media support to regional staff on a day-to-day basis in the AHP/Humanitarian plans, matters of brand risk and to maximise communications impact.
- To review and advice national Humanitarian/AHP teams to consistently implement the global Oxfam brand guidelines and related global corporate materials/tools.
- To coordinate AHP communications and media activities i.e. content gathering (e.g. trips), for media, fundraising, marketing, campaigning and other forms of public engagement.
- Work with country teams to deliver high impact stories and related documents for use in national, regional and global markets for traditional and social media.
- Work with the specific teams to develop and implement a high-quality story-gathering strategy to showcase Oxfam’s work by generating compelling stories for use in media, social media, and wider communications including in support of fundraising and influencing objectives
- Participate in Oxfam performance management framework and activities.
- Ensures the security and safety of others and Oxfam property.
- Provide recommendations relating to improved local procedures and processes.
Representation and relationship
- May be expected to represent Oxfam in industry or professional networks.
- Support Team Lead to on representation as and when required.
- Provides key link between internal and external stakeholders
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values (click here) as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights (click here).
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Exceptional multi-media and story-gathering skills, including filming and photographic skills
- Ability to develop or customise stories for national and regional audiences
- Ability to use various social media platforms to support Oxfam’s campaigns and programmes
- Ability to organise content gathering methods
- Ability to develop creative ways to engage the public on slow onset emergencies and development work
- Graphic Design skills and experience
- Working knowledge of communications tools and technology
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, gender equity (particularly around poor women’s rights)
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Tertiary Qualification in Media studies/ Journalism/ Communications OR any other relevant field OR equivalent professional industry experience.
- Previous experience in similar role working within communications, content development in a similar organisation /industry.
- Experience in preparing various content including bulletins, reports, articles and social media content.
- Experience with supporting Influencing and Campaigning mechanisms or work.
Occasional inter- islands travel is a requirement of the position. It is a condition of employment that staff abide by all agency security and safety protocols, policies and procedures and the Oxfam Security Protocol.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.