- A three-year strategy with a clear deliverables, key milestone, and direct guidance on implementation to strengthen the “Solomon Islands Climate Action Network” vision.
- External environment assessment and internal environment assessment of the stakeholders/SWOT analysis
- Establish specific vision, mission, goals, and objectives including outcomes, outputs and activities
- Conduct workshop and validation of the strategic plan to SICAN Executive, Secretariat and Oxfam PACCCIL team
The consultant shall conduct desktop review, review of relevant literatures and will require to travel for field visits in selected areas.
Document review: this will include PACCCIL pager, story toolkit, SICAN pager, SICAN database, SICAN constitution, quarterly newsletters
Key informant interviews- PACCCIL Staff_ (virtual & Face to Face), SICAN Secretariat- (Face to face), SICAN members- one on one interview with Sub-national and National stakeholders’, consultations will also require travel to identified sites.
In addition to the methodology, the consultant shall develop and present jointly to the PACCCIL team and SICAN secretariat and network members of a detailed methodology and workplan on how this will be conducted.
Data collection methods will consist of qualitative techniques, including secondary review of data from documentation and collection of primary data interviews.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCES
PACCCIL is looking for the services of a professional consultant to develop a three-year strategic plan. The firm/individual must possess the following:
- Relevant work experience in strategic planning & development
- Excellent and proven analytical and strategic skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, ability to prioritize and work with minimum supervision
- Possess knowledge in general climate change and disaster resilience
- Familiarity in working with national, regional, and international organisations with familiarity on grassroots development issues in Solomon Islands
- Familiarity in working with national, sub national and regional pacific civil society organisations and Governments
- Good research skills
- A clear and succinct writer.
- Has the ability to analyse, synthesize and summarize complex information
- Availability from April-May 2023
DURATION AND TIMING
This work will be carried out between April to May 2023 for the duration of 25 days.
This is to ensure that ongoing work for the consultant concurrent to this consultancy is also taken care of and that the report goes through a thorough review before it is finalized with the 25 working days.
The final strategic plan shall be submitted no later than end of May 2023.
- PACCCIL project design
- SICAN pager
- SICAN Constitution
- Project midterm and partnership review documents
OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
Planning and Coordination
- Consultancy planning and coordination on information gathering and analysis
- Organize consultation meetings with Oxfam/PACCCIL/Kotui, SICAN Executive, Secretariat and Network members, Government and Private sectors
- Confirmation of agreed timeline and deliverables
Consultancy deliverables-initial draft document
- Data collection- consultation meetings with Oxfam/PACCCIL Solomon Islands project /Kōtui SI program, SICAN Executive, secretariat, network members other stakeholders
- Oxfam/PACCCIL, SICAN Secretariat involve in the review to read and comment on draft
Present findings and validation
- Consultant to consolidate all comments and edits received and finalize for validation
- Final strategic plan submitted for review
- Presentation to of findings with PACCCIL SI Coordinator
The assignment will cover 25 days, consultants are encouraged to provide their proposed rates. Communications and logistical arrangements will be provided for 10 days at an additional cost. A separate invoice is to be provided at the end of the assignment detailing this cost.
The latter payments will be disbursed based on the schedule below:
- The consultant (he/she) must be a Solomon Islander any pacific islander based in Honiara
- The consultant is to provide his/her own laptop or computer for the assignment
- All deliverables must be submitted for review by PACCCIL in Solomon Coordinator with the support from Kotui Solomon Islands Project Manager, and SICAN Coordinator
- The consultant will be required to travel in and around Honiara under the conditions of travel determined by Oxfam