Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- Role: DIRECTOR PROGRAMMES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Applications for this role will close on: WEDNESDAY 21 JUNE 2023
- Location of role: Pacific Region
- Salary Grade: B2 (based on country location)
- Term: 2 years
- For any further assistance please contact Julia Peters – [email protected]
Important Note: All Applications must be lodged online – https://oxfampacific.bamboohr.com/careers/241
DIRECTOR PROGRAMMES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Directly line managing a team of Oxfam in the Pacific’s thematic advisors, the role has a high level of capacity in people management and organisation and team management. The role will require a focus on team management with a main responsibility in ensuring the efficient and effective mobilisation of thematic and technical support to Oxfam in the Pacific’s programming partners to enable them to deliver sustainable high-quality, technically sound initiatives.
In achieving these objectives the Director’s role will need to operate at both strategic and operational levels, engaging stakeholders and building relationships at the global, regional and local level.
Working in close coordination with the Director PELI and Director Corporate Services the role will play a key role in performance management and work planning as well as developing and managing inter-departmental systems and processes. This position will work closely with the Program Management and Performance to ensure our business development initiatives, program performance requirements and internal and external accountabilities are adequately resourced as well as with programmes staff focused on engaging with the region.
- The position is accountable to the Pacific Regional Director, for the delivery, effective management (which includes budgets and plan), monitoring and evaluation and learning from Programs.
- The role is responsible for building the Programs team into a high performing team of technical advisors and specialists whose expertise is mobilised to drive transformational change within Oxfam in the Pacific’s programming portfolio, and who are capable of working across the confederation to support partners in designing, resourcing, delivering and learning from high quality programs.
- Lead and engage in Oxfam in the Pacific strategic planning processes, ensuring timely engagement of thematic and technical staff in global, regional and local strategy discussions
- Development and execution of funding strategy and processes to support effective program development, through analysis of development and donor trends at a strategic level, identification of unique value propositions, engagement with donors, integration of business intelligence into program strategy and proactive and propositional concept and design development, including identification and development of partnerships.
- Together with Director PELI and Influencing lead will drive forward influencing strategies that will engage institutional donors in Oxfam Pacific’s business model in a collaborative, equal-footed partnership approach.
- Is a member of the Pacific Leadership Team that develops and has oversight of the implementation of Oxfam in the Pacific’s strategic and operational plans
- Lead on ensuring the Programs team makes a meaningful contribution to Oxfam in the Pacific as well as remaining relevant with stakeholders (donors and public) by ensuring the team capacity and systems remain agile, responsive and able to meet the changing contextual and organisational demands
- Lead and support the development of a strategic evidence and learning agenda that is built on and responds to portfolio performance and analysis, strategic inquiry, knowledge translation and the subsequent formation of policy and standards.
- Lead and engage in departmental and team planning processes, ensuring increasing alignment between organisational strategic priorities and the activities undertaken within the team and on the ground.
- Lead on the allocation of thematic and technical staff time to business development and resourcing, programmatic quality support and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, ensuring inter-departmental and cross organisational coordination and prioritisation in accordance with strategic priorities
- Engage in OI and OI systems to forecasting future thematic and technical needs and plan for ensuring team maintains skill set that enables OIP to continue making a meaningful contribution to the work of Oxfam
- Lead and engage in cross departmental working groups to develop and use systems to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of programming work across the region
- Lead the development, monitoring and review of budgets across the program portfolio
- Ensure the timely and accurate finance and program reporting across the portfolio, in compliance with all Oxfam and donor requirements
- Lead in exploring funding opportunities and business development with current and potential donors
- Ensure that good practice financial and fraud management systems are developed and embedded across the program portfolio and that they comply with Oxfam and donor requirements
- Will lead on public engagement with programmatic matters
- Accountable for ensuring that appropriate tools and technology are in place to allow a strong flow of positive and consistent program content to influence and communicate with internal audiences and external stakeholders including but not limited to government, media, donors, non-governmental sector and supporters.
- Leads OiP’s role within the confederation funding architecture to access intelligence, opportunities and skills. Brokering assistance from technical advisers and donor account managers in affiliate HQs, regional offices and shared services.
- Oversees bid cycle through active program management unit aimed to encompass and work closely with PQ to capture key learnings for new business and strategy
- Leads on business development opportunities
- Actively identifies, qualifies and tracks funding and partnership opportunities in an innovative manner in pursuit of supporting Oxfam in the Pacific’s strategy, PELI and programs.
- New funding and business models will be developed together with Partnership lead to identify and strengthen partnership delivery modalities linked with the overall Pacific strategy