OXFAM IN THE PACIFIC VACANCY
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means, we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect, and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty. We are an international confederation working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development, and campaigning, in more than 90 countries, Pacific countries included.
Our work is guided by Oxfam’s global values and by Pacific values and culture including openness, flexibility, respect, equity, justice, solidarity, collaboration, sharing and humility. We also value local ownership and leadership of change processes.
Oxfam has embarked on a journey of self-reflection, focussing on its culture with the safeguarding being one of the key areas that the Pacific Team and Program will integrate into its ways of working to model behavioural change. The Pacific Regional Strategy speaks to the programmatic and operational direction for the new look Pacific Region given the changes.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Applications are invited for the position of:
FINANCE OFFICER VANUATU
The Finance Officer is responsible for assisting the Regional Financial Accountant to manage the day-to-day business operations and financial aspects in country. The position supports effective administration by tracking financial data, recording information for use within financial systems, supporting program reporting and administration and ensuring the organization is compliant with Oxfam International and donor standards. It requires the development of close and effective working relationships with other staff members in country, at Oxfam in the Pacific (OiP) and with other Oxfam Affiliates. This position contributes to positive communication and knowledge sharing with staff to ensure an integrated approach. It provides information for regular project and financial reports and inputs or tracks data as required.
This role is accountable to and reports to the Regional Financial Accountant.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Review and reconciliation of suppliers’ accounts and ensure timely payments are made (rental, insurance, Superannuation, Tax, PAYE etc.).
- Undertaking management of Petty cash.
- Undertake checking and reviewing of staff travel and salary advances, ensuring staff have completed acquittals correctly and processing all acquittals accordingly.
- Perform routine operation activities and other payments in compliance with Oxfam policies and procedure.
- Coordinate and produce OiP payroll including calculation and payment of all compliance requirements related to payroll.
- Provide information and direct staff to relevant Finance policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the input of all data into MYOB, checking of expense coding and correct coding allocation of all funds received codes.
- Undertake weekly banking and reports bank balances and of any discrepancies.
- Undertake monthly bank reconciliation and review cash advances and submit to Finance and Administration Coordinator for further review and approval.
- Provide support to administration and logistics staff on a day-to-day business administration of OiP.
- Provide monthly finance reports to the Regional Financial Accountant.
- Maintain finance and administration filing system on both hard and soft copies.
- Participate in humanitarian response activities within capacity in local level emergency response.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Financial Accountant that is within the role capacity and job family.
- Participate in Oxfam performance management framework and activities.
- Ensures the security and safety of others and Oxfam property.
- Provide recommendations relating to improved local procedures and processes.
- Report risks and incidents to supervisor.
Representation and Relationships
- May be expected to represent Oxfam in industry or professional networks.
- Support the Regional Financial Accountant to work with donors, partners, and grantees.
- Support the team function regionally by not only undertaking work in-country but is also support work in other countries as and when required.
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights.
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
Key Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Diploma or Degree in Finance/Accounting or relevant field, or equivalent professional industry experience.
- Excellent numeracy skills with proven ability to meet deadlines and key work priorities.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Excel with working knowledge of finance and accounting systems and packages including MYOB would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working with payroll system and processing including knowledge of legislative requirements.
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Advance Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion working with sensitive information including payroll.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender
- mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Accountability– Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment– Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness– We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
- Role: FINANCE OFFICER VANUATU
- Applications for this role will close on: Friday 26 August 2022
- See full Job Description here: https://oxfam.box.com/s/jt2ckvv7p8zxwlxucg46br4vs90fpb0e / Finance Officer Vanuatu
- Location of role: Vanuatu
- Please upload your application on our Bamboo HR website: https://oxfampacific.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=197 by Friday 26th August 2022. Only online applications via Bamboo HR will be accepted.
- Please contact Kajal Matthew on [email protected] for any queries or clarifications.