- Expressions of Interest will close on: 13 September 2023, [5PM GMT+12]
- Location of role: Pacific Region – where Oxfam in the Pacific has a presence (Fiji, PNG, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu)
- Term: 2 Years (with possibility of extension)
- Reporting to: Director Programs & Business Development
- Salary: C1
- The Revised Job Description is available for download
- Please contact Recruitment Coordinator Divono Vakatale on email for any queries: [email protected]
- All applications must be lodged online.
- Applicants who applied previously need not reapply.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEAD [RE-ADVERTISED]
The Business Development Lead (BDL) is a strategic leadership role responsible for resource mobilization for Oxfam in the Pacific. The person will focus on growing diverse income streams to enhance influence, collaboration, and impact across countries and the regional level.
The BDL will identify and pursue new funding opportunities, maintain strong donor relationships, and ensure high-quality proposal development across different country contexts. The person will actively seek to increase and diversify income, responsibly, including through multi-country funding opportunities and consortium partnerships with Civil Society Organizations, the Private Sector, and international organizations. The BDL will provide strategic support to the Program Director and provide technical leadership on resource mobilization.
Key responsibilities include developing and implementing a resource mobilization strategy, building relationships and partnerships with donors and other funders, working with the program leadership team to identify funding opportunities in line with Oxfam in in the Pacific’s strategic intent, crafting EOIs and proposals to mobilise resources, and mitigating and escalating risks in the business development area.
The BDL will collaborate with the Oxfam confederation Institutional Funding Network and serve as the primary link for accessing fundraising assistance and support.
- Actively identify, pursue, and track funding and donor partnership opportunities in alignment with Oxfam in the Pacific’s program strategies and priorities for new business development.
- Seek to grow income for Oxfam in the Pacific (OiP) and local/national NGO partners through strategic regional and multi-country funding opportunities.
- Lead the design and implementation of resource mobilization approaches to diversify and increase income, contributing to OiP’s programmatic strategy.
- Manage the bid process from review of opportunities through to the development of high-quality competitive proposals to secure institutional donor funds at scale.
- Proactively engage with institutional donors in the Pacific to facilitate technical program exchanges, influence policy, and identify areas of potential cooperation, including program funding.
- Collaborate with Oxfam International (OI) to effectively match program needs within the region to affiliate-based public fundraising.
- Maintain and monitor the funding pipeline, lead income planning and forecasting at the regional level, and establish fundraising Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Support country coordinators and program teams in engaging with key institutional donors with a “one OiP’ approach.
- Strengthen business development activities within the Pacific region, linking with the confederation funding architecture and accessing intelligence, opportunities, and skills.
- Organize workshops for capacity building of teams on business development and grant management, leveraging confederation resources as appropriate.
- Ensure OiP is compliant with funding policies and guidelines of the Confederation.
Leadership and Management
- Lead bids for institutional donors and coordinate multi-disciplinary, geographically remote teams across multiple locations.