Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- Role: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEAD
- Expressions of Interest will close on: 23 June 2023, 5PM GMT+12
- Location of role: Pacific Region
- Term: 2 Years (with possibility of extension)
- Reporting to: Director Programs & Business Development
- Please contact Recruitment Coordinator Divono Vakatale for any questions: [email protected]
Note: All applications must be lodged online only via This Link
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEAD
The Business Development Lead (BDL) is a strategic leadership role responsible for resource mobilization for Oxfam in the Pacific. The person will focus on growing diverse income to enhance influence, collaboration, and impact across countries and the regional level.
The BDL will identify and pursue new funding opportunities, maintain strong donor relationships, and ensure high-quality proposal development across different country contexts. The person will actively seek to increase and diversify income, responsibly, including through multi-country funding opportunities and consortium partnerships with Civil Society Organizations, the Private Sector, and international organizations. The BDL will also support the Program Director in improving grant management and provide strategic leadership on resource mobilization.
Key responsibilities include developing and implementing the resource mobilization strategy, building partnerships with donors and others, working with the program leadership team to identify and mitigate financial and reputational risks, and ensuring adequate skills and capacity within the portfolio of countries.
The BDL will collaborate with the Oxfam confederation and serve as the primary link for accessing fundraising assistance and support.
- Actively identify, qualify, and track funding and partnership opportunities in alignment with Oxfam in the Pacific’s program strategies and priorities for new business development.
- Seek to grow income for Oxfam in the Pacific (OiP) and local/national organizations through strategic country and multi-country funding opportunities.
- Lead the design and implementation of resource mobilization strategies to strengthen income and partnerships with donors, contributing to OiP’s programmatic strategy.
- Develop and monitor the funding pipeline, lead income planning and forecasting at the regional level, and establish fundraising Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Oxfam and partners.
- Collaborate with Oxfam International (OI) to support confederation public fundraising efforts by effectively matching program needs within the region to affiliate-based public fundraising.
- Manage and build Oxfam’s relationships with institutional donor representatives within a regional or multi-country context.
- Support country coordinators and program teams in engaging with key institutional donors.
- Proactively engage with institutional donors within the Pacific to facilitate technical program exchanges, influence policy, and identify areas of potential cooperation, including program funding.
- Prepare groundwork for proposal development and bid management, assemble bid development teams, provide effective bid project management, and ensure high-quality competitive proposals to secure institutional donor funds at scale.
- Coordinate and strengthen business development activities within the Pacific region, linking with the confederation funding architecture and accessing intelligence, opportunities, and skills.
- Support Oxfam Pacific staff in adhering to funding policies and guidelines of the confederation.
- Organize workshops for capacity building of teams on business development and grant management, leveraging confederation resources as appropriate.
Leadership and Management
- Lead bids for institutional donors and motivating multi-disciplinary, geographically remote teams across multiple locations.
Representation and Communication
- Represent organization with partners, government agencies, private sector organizations, media, and senior-level donors nationally and globally.
- Effective engagement and influence with institutional donors.
- Able to convey complex messages to diverse audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for motivation, influence, and negotiation.
Finance and Funding
- Maximize fundraising from diverse local and international institutions.
- Review program budgets to meet donor requirements and include all key costs.